Sunday 5 January 2014

BLOGGER ROBERT ALAI attacks KENYANS in DIASPORA in return told to HELL with his crap

The controversial kenyan Blogger Robert Alai dissed Kenyans in the Diaspora, nobody seem to know what might have triggered him, herebelow is Alai’s Facebook post that is directed at Kenyans in the Diaspora:
“Don’t tolerate dish-washing/toilet-scrubbing diaspora rats who think that Kenyans in Kenya have no value. Just don’t. I don’t.”
And in a rejoinder a Kenyan lady living in the United States made a post that seemed to reply to Alai’s post. The lady who is an authority online/blog-sphere  in her own right did a sober and candid post that received more comments and LIKES than that of Alai; here is the post by Madam Julie>>
“For a moment there i almost gave a fuck. Almost.
Mmmh. Lots of online debate on friends and foes walls hating on what is now referred to disdainfully as “diasporans”. Almost as though diasporans were lesser animals.


Here is what I have to say…Personally I am happy being a diasporan. You can continue turning up your spiteful nose.
Meanwhile I get to enjoy living in a country with a system that works. I travel on good roads. I can’t remember the last time I saw a pothole. In the three years I have been here I have only suffered one ten minute electricity blackout and that was only because there was a severe snowstorm. I have running water. Never had to store water in jerrycans. I can drink water from the tap without worrying about disease.
The public education system is great. My child is getting an education. Free of charge. Free lunch. Even the bus that picks and drops her at our doorstep is free. Yes she and I might face discrimination but it only makes us tougher.
Every household even the really poor struggling one has access to cheap laundry facilities. I don’t have to bend over for five hours to wash my clothes. The simple things that make life just a little easier.
And about those toilets. They are clean. Simply because there is always running water. So many toilets in public places have auto flushing systems. Perhaps you are used to seeing and using Nairobi public toilets where you step over stuff to relieve yourself. I assure you that’s not the case here. These are regular basics that any good government should provide.
I don’t think I will go hungry ever. We have food banks. Places where generous Americans donate food to so that those who don’t have can go get some.
If I do stop working I can access money from the unemployment fund.
When i finally retire at age 62 i will have a pension. And i think i will have some health benefits.
Perhaps the tribalism that you face in Kenya on a daily basis coupled with no opportunities and a sense of hopelessness makes you want to bash someone but it definitely shouldnt be me. All that anger should be directed at the people that you overwhelmingly voted in early last year as your leaders. Redirect your anger. Don’t hate on us dual citizens.
So yeah I have no apologies to make for choosing to live in the diaspora.
I truly feel lucky and blessed that this country has welcomed me. And allowed me to enjoy these basic rights which every human being on earth should enjoy.
Living in the diaspora is not without its challenges. There are some things that are best at home. Like the nyama choma. But overall I am ok with my decision to live here.
P.S.
Oh and in case you didn’t know…yes I have been to school. I went to your national schools due to merit. I also attended your local universities. And I have also studied at a university in Europe. And here too. I have many many certificates. If I choose to clean houses or become a security guard it’s not due to lack of papers. It’s a very conscious choice.
If you are small minded enough to dislike me and others who live outside Kenya, for no particular reason but that we reside outside Kenya, baby you really need to hit that unfriend button. The way I see it I will be here for a long time. We wouldn’t want you to get ulcers now, would we? “
ROBERT ALAI EXPOSED...  in a following comment it was revealed that after failing in high school the controversial blogger Robert Alai desperately sought a student study visa abroad but his effort bore no fruits thereby leading to his low esteem state

Tags: ,

0 Responses to “BLOGGER ROBERT ALAI attacks KENYANS in DIASPORA in return told to HELL with his crap”

Post a Comment

Subscribe

© 2013 KENYAN DAILY DIGEST. All rights reserved.
Designed by SpicyTricks